FlyingFlip Studios is proud to announce the release of Myth III v1.3 for Apple Macintosh OS X and Windows PC platforms. FlyingFlip was founded by a group of hobbiest game players, developers and artists in January of 2004 with the sole purpose of providing support and development of the Myth III game and it’s engine. The goal is to provide a solid foundation for the enjoyment of the Myth-style Real-Time Strategy game system.This update addresses key problems present since the original release in October of 2001. Over 70 specific gameplay and stability issues have been addressed in this edition of Myth III.
This update addresses key problems present since the original release in October of 2001. Over 70 specific gameplay and stability issues have been addressed in this edition of Myth III. Some of these issues include:
• Improved visual effects graphics
• Unit balance adjustments
• A reliable plugin system for third party unit sets and creations
• Added support for wide-screen monitors.
• Added the ability to sketch strategy diagrams on in-game overhead map.
• Added the ability to scale the size of the overhead map.
• Water ripple disturbances now drawn at proper elevations.
• Added the ability to view game films.
• Added ability to see players present in a film during film playback selection.
• Metaserver lobby input lag dramatically improved.
• Re-Introduction of the classic Creep On The Borderlands map.
• Corrected a problem with camera controls
• Corrected a problem with crashing when excessive effects were going off.
Classic and Mac OS X
• MacOS 9.2.2 or higher
• MacOS X 10.1.3 or higher (10.2 recommended)
Great performance increase and several bugs fixed. Would like to see gesturing and unit selection fixed however...
However, brought back thememories of the old golden days of myth without all the bitmap eyesores of myth sb.
As per Ratama, maybe make sure Small.tag isn't missing? My guess is you small installed instead of full installed.
Justice(6/28/2004 - version 1.3)
Works fine, though I do not see any evidence of the sprite buffer reduction (maybe my computer doesn't have enough trouble running it to use this feature).
Ratama(11/3/2003 - version 1.1.2)
Unofficial indeed. I am now unable to run Myth III. 'Small.tag is missing, please reinstall Myth III'.