It took 700 million years for Worms on earth to evolve from flat mud-dwelling strips of flesh into the sophisticated, fast-living, fun-loving earth-filled tubes we see today. Fortunately it’s only taken Team 17 about 10 years to pull off a similar trick for their Worms. Not bad going in the Darwinian Derby stakes.
So Worms 3D on the Mac? Yes indeedy - the third generation of Worms has gone all 3 dimensional on us, but before any flat earthers start getting fidgety, let's make this clear — it has retained all the best bits. Team 17 have made a superb job of making flatworms into roundworms (bad puns are part of the deal) - none of this "it's in 3 dimensions and none of them are fun" malarkey.
To find out exactly what they've done, check out the other areas of this minisite for more Worms-related sense and nonsense. And remember, the best things in life are THREE! And the bad puns roll on…
The game has the following updates over and above the previous PPC only version
• Universal Application - Now runs native on Intel (and PPC) processors.
• Networking - Improved Online and LAN stability.
• Sparkle - Game uses Sparkle auto update to update the game
• New Icon - Very Shiny 512px icon supports "Quicklook" at full resolution.
• Dropped <10.4 support - Requires at least 10.4 to play.
Universal Binary (PPC/Intel)
• Worms 3D
• 10.4+ Required