EVE Online 3.7
|Downloads This Version
|Downloads of All Time
EVE Online is a massive multiplayer online game (MMOG) set in a science-fiction based, persistent world. Players take the role of spaceship pilots seeking fame, fortune, and adventure in a huge, complex, exciting, and sometimes hostile galaxy.
A nominal monthly subscription is charged for each player’s account; users are responsible for their own Internet service fees. EVE is not a stand-alone, single player game and can only be played online. Unlike most MMOGs that split a large player base up among small clones of the same game world (called "shards") containing no more than 3,000 people, EVE is unique in that all of its players inhabit the same game world.
Version 3.7 (007867-349998):
We’re replacing the current patching mechanic and replacing it with a Launcher. Players will be asked to download a small patch after downtime on Tuesday which will contain the Launcher. Once this has been completed, the EVE Launcher will start, which will automatically patch your client to the correct version. Full details are available in this blog.
We have revamped the rookie ships which are the first ships new players see in the game. You can read, and see, all the changes to the Ibis, Impairor, Reaper and Velator in this blog.Exploration and Deadspace
The following 2/10 deadspace sites have been added:
* Blood Raider Human Farm
* Serpentis Live Cargo Distribution Facilities
* Sansha Acclimatization Facility
Character Creator and New Player Experience
* In Character Creation and Re-Customization, the four portrait snap shots now retain all the background, pose and lighting settings of the portrait. This will allow you to quickly switch between them without changing settings, either by clicking on them or using the F1 - F4 keys.
* The idle animations of your avatar will now pause when you are making sculpting changes.
* The Tucking and Browsing buttons in Character Creation and Re-Customization have been moved to the side panel.
* Mac OS X 10.6.7 or later
* Intel Core 2 Duo (at least 2.0 Ghz) - Intel Core i Series with at least 2.0 Ghz speed recommended
* Video: ATI HD2400, Nvidia 9400GT, or Intel HD 3000 or higher with at least 256 MB VRAM.
EVE Online Update