LambdaRogue: The Book of Stars 1.6
||Open Source / Postcardware
Lambdarogue is a roguelike RPG.
If one had to categorize Lambdarogue to be either a "hack"-game or a "band"-game judging by dungeon generation, it would clearly fall into the "band"-category: Like in Angband and other "bands", standard dungeon levels are randomly generated every time a staircase is used and the player will never encounter the same dungeon level twice.
Mankind's Redemption ...
... is hidden in the depths of a dungeon. So say the old legends, and so spoke the priestess.
Now you're standing here, all alone, with nothing but your weapon, a small backpack and your skills, facing some of your greatest fears. For hours, you've been hunted through constantly changing dungeons and caves … chased by wild animals, by preachers of a sinister cult, and by abhorrent spawns of the evil goddess Eris.
Finally you get some rest, regaining your psychic powers and pondering to return to the Temple. But the safe havens of mankind are far away, the journey back to the Temple would last longer than the way before you. So you decide to go on, deeper and deeper, always searching for traces of the Book.
The only book that matters these days. The Book that will set mankind free. The Book of Stars.
»Per Libris Ad Astra«, spoke the priestess to you: »To the Stars, Through Books« However, this way is a dangerous way, a path through neverending darkness.
And the evil goddess Eris is already lurking for you ...
* Decide your own and mankind's fate – will you find the way to redemption, or will you betray mankind?
* Dive into the dark and surreal atmosphere of mankind's last resort – explore everchanging random-generated dungeons and caves, filled with a unique set of strange enemies and hidden treasure.
* Enjoy an epic story, covering centuries – collect traces of history and travel through time.
* Ascend to the highest ranks of your profession – from Enchanter to Battle Mage, from Archer to Ranger, and lots more.
* Don't bother with memorizing dozens of keys – simply enjoy your game, with the ease of LambdaRogue?'s intuitive interface.
Universal Binary (PPC/Intel)
MacOS 10.5 or higher
LambdaRogue: The Book of Stars
||this space intentionally left blank